Wednesday, February 1, 2012

French Fries

Will power! That is what I have. I left work today and picked the kiddos up from my Mom's. While driving home I asked them what they wanted for dinner. Bobby shouted french fries and donuts. Donuts for dinner? Sorry Bobby how about french fries? "O'tay" Crud I don't have any at home, nor do I have a potato to make some. McDonald's it is. Now I know a few of you are saying gross, but to me yum! We go through the drive-thru and I order 2 small fries. They can have soup and fries for dinner I decided. The fries enter my car and the smell takes over. It took every ounce of my being not to eat a fry. I know that if I have just one I won't be able to stop. So I close the bag and put it in the back seat so I won't be tempted to grab one.

Now we're home, the kids have finished eating, and there are still french fries on their plates. Old me would have eaten them. After all, it would be a waste to throw them out. New, strong willed me, throws them in the garbage. Did you ever see that episode of Seinfeld when George eats the eclair off the top of the garbage? That could have been me tonight with the fries. But I stayed strong and ate my carrots instead. If I close my eyes they taste just like fries...

My snack recipe for you tonight will be a dessert! Black bean brownies. We were talking about them today at work and now I want to make some.

Black Bean Brownies
20 pieces would be 4 points a piece. That would be good size pieces too!

1 box of your favorite fudge brownie mix
1 can of black beans (I suggest doing good quality beans for this)

Rinse your black beans and then put them back in the can. Fill can of beans with water. Puree the heck out of the beans and water. Stir bean water mixture into dry brownie mix. Bake as directed on the box.

They are so fudgy and chewy and yummy!
Enjoy and don't eat the whole pan in one sitting.

Counting every bite today:
Breakfast - (be ready to yell at me)
1 chocolate chip cookie dough cupcake - 12 points!!!!!!
But look at them. How can you not eat one? And they had cookie dough in the middle of them!

Lunch -
- Mega sandwich. 1 oz turkey, peppers and a ton of spinach. (3 points)
- Pepper and blue cheese dip (2 points)

Snack -
- An apple (0 points)
- 1 serving of pretzels with mustard (3 points)

Dinner -
- A small portion of the left over chicken cacciatore (2 points)
- 2 carrots
- Milk (2 points)

Ending the day at 24 points. It might not have been the healthiest 24 points but it was worth it to eat that cupcake!

So what did you bite today?

No comments:

Post a Comment