Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Yummy

I was told I made the best meal ever tonight! I made chicken cacciatore for dinner. It really was good. All through dinner Bob kept going on and on about how good it was. Then when we were cleaning up he said "I hate to say it but this is the best meal you ever made". Wow! I guess I will keep the recipe. You will get the link for it below.

Getting ready for the super bowl. Here is today's snack and a great appetizer for the big game. Buffalo Chicken Balls. Taste kind of like Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip without all the crud in it. We decided we prefer it over the dip and it is way better for you! 47 points total for 40 balls. So it's only 2 points for 2 balls! I have made them many times and they are so yummy! I do like to put mine under the broiler for a couple minutes at the end to crisp them up a little. Oh and use lite butter if you have it. Enjoy!
http://www.buffalonews.com/life/taste/elements/article662173.ece


Counting every bite today:

Breakfast -
- 1/2 cup fiber one cereal with a banana (3 points)

Lunch -
- 1 pepper and blue cheese dip (2 points)
- half of a peanut butter and fluff sandwich (4 points)

Snack -
- cupcake (7 points)
I am making cupcake today and tried just the cake part so far. That was already figured out to be 7 points and I still am filling them with cookie dough and frosting them! Yikes these are going to be around a 12 point cupcake! Good thing I am sending them to mine and Bob's work!
- apple (0 points)

Dinner -
- Chicken Cacciatore (3 points)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chicken-cacciatore-recipe/index.html (7 points per serving made the way I did it)
***The only things I did different - I only used 4 chicken thighs (took skin off), I didn't use capers, and I put 1 teaspoon of basil in the mixture instead of fresh basil on the top.***
- milk (2 points)

Ending the day at 21 points. I am not hungry so I am not eating any more.

So what did you bite today?

No comments:

Post a Comment