Friday, January 27, 2012

I WILL DO IT

So only one more day until my weigh in. I got on the scale today and it looks like I will be paying Sunday morning. That's ok at least I am going and I know next week I won't have to pay.

Since I hit lifetime I feel like I am always working crazy hard for a month to take off weight.  I don't understand why I can't just maintain it. Do you know how easy it is to put on 8 pounds but how hard it is to take them off? I can put 8 pounds on in a month but it will take me 2 months to take it off. What the heck! I just have to remind myself of that each week. I can do it. I WILL do it.

I have a chicken finger recipe for you today. It is super yummy and low in points. I was making this even before I started WW. It was our go to recipe for chicken fingers. Added bonus that they are low points.

Counting every bite today:

Breakfast -
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt with a cup of strawberries and 1/4 cup fiber one cereal (3 points)

Lunch -
- Ham and cheese Sandwich (7 points)

Snack -
- serving of pretzels with mustard (3 points)
- banana
- 3 Cocopop things from Wegmans (1 point)

Dinner -
- 1 Chicken Finger, potato, 2 stalks of celery and blue cheese dip (6 points)
- milk (2 points)

Chicken Fingers
18 points for the whole recipe. I get about 10 fingers out of the recipe. So we will say 2 points a finger depending on the size.

Ingredients:
2 boneless chicken breast halves (about 3/4 lb total) - cut into finger sized pieces
1 egg white, beaten
1 Tbls Frank's Hot Sauce
2 Tbls flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
salt to taste
1/3 cup plain bread crumbs

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with a nonstick spray.
2. In a bag mix together flour, half the garlic powder, half the cayenne pepper and a dash of salt.
3. Beat egg whites with hot sauce.
4. On a plate mix the bread crumbs with the rest of the garlic powder, cayenne, and dash of salt.
5. Shake chicken in the flour mixture bag. Then dip it into the egg white mixture and finally roll it in the bread crumb mixture.
6. Place on baking sheet.  Bake for 8 minutes then flip and bake 8 more minutes or until done.

*You may add more cayenne if you want it extra spicy.  I just add hot sauce on top once done for a little extra kick.

Dessert -
- bite of left over cake from yesterday (3 points)

Ending the day at 25 points! Now the question is do I go and Zumba or go to bed?

So what did you bite today? 




2 comments:

  1. Cocopop thing...what dept is it in?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are called COCO Lite Multigrain Pop Cakes. At my two Wegmans they are in different spots. At the big store there is actually a machine that makes them by the dairy/cheese section. At the small store there is just a shelf of them by the bread. They make two kinds I prefer the original.

      Delete