Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lick, taste, bite

I like, no scratch that, I love to bake. It puts me in a zen. So much so that I can have my kids standing on chairs helping me and by helping me I mean throwing flower everywhere and I don't care. I don't freak, I don't yell, I just keep going.

I have come to find that I have a slight talent in baking and decorating cakes. It is something that if it paid well, I would do as a career. Since it doesn't I do it as a side job for friends and family. However doing this and trying to watch my weight is a little bit of a struggle.

My friend/coworker's daughter's 1st Birthday is this weekend and she asked me to make her smash cake. So that is how I spent my day. Earlier I baked the 5 inch smash cake. Because it was only 5 inches that means there is extra to make 2 more small cakes! Then I proceed to level the cakes off, that means there are now scraps of cake laying in front of me! I just finished frosting the cake and of course there is extra frosting left! I repeat, it is hard to do what I love and watch my weight.  Because we know every LICK, TASTE and BITE counts. Did I taste the scraps? - Yeap. Did I take a bite of the extra cake? - Yeap. Did I lick some frosting? - Yeap. Was it worth it? - I will let you know after I get on the scale Sunday.
Picture of the shirt she will be wearing.
Here is the finished product!


Another shot from the top.
Counting every bite today:

Breakfast -
- Banana and 12 pieces of french toast sticks (5 points)

French Toast Sticks
5 points for 3 full pieces of bread

6 slices of lite bread (make sure each slice is 1 point)
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tsp vanilla
dash of cinnamon
1 tsp cinnamon sugar
2 tsp lite butter

Mix egg whites, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
Cut bread into 4 pieces.
Heat pan with butter
Dip bread into mixture coating both sides. (don't let it sit in there or it will be too soggy)
Put bread into pan, sprinkle cinnamon sugar on side facing up. 
Flip bread once it is to desired crispness.
Continue to cook other side until it's done how you like it.
Enjoy!
I think they are sweet enough that I don't add anything to them. But do as you like, but remember to add points when needed.

Lunch -
- 1/2 cup cauliflower soup (1 point)
- one scrap of cake (1 point)

Snacks -
- Bite of extra cake (3 points)
- Pretzels with mustard (3 points)

Dinner -
- 1/2 cup chili (3 points)
- milk (2 points)

Dessert -
- Licked the frosting off a couple spoons (3 points)

Total for the day 21 points and I am not hungry so I'm not eating the other 5! And maybe I ate more scraps and frosting then I am remembering so it is better to be safe.

So what did you bite today? 



No comments:

Post a Comment