Saturday, January 28, 2012

UGH

Don't you hate when you spend a lot of time on a recipe and it just turns out alright? I do!

My husband came home from work awhile ago (the email for the recipe was from September 6) talking about this Black Bean soup his friend made and how good it was. I have never had black bean soup so I wasn't too quick to make it. Well I finally decided to try it, almost 5 months later. It took me 3 hours to make it and I don't really care for it. It's not bad but I won't be going back to have another bowl. Bob said something is wrong and some flavor is missing. I don't know what to tell him, I followed the recipe to a tee. We are going to have to talk to his friend to see what I did wrong.

I hope he can tell me what I did wrong because I would like to enjoy it as much as Bob did. Maybe he is one of those people who keeps one ingredient out of the recipe so others won't have his "secret recipe". Why do people do that? I never understand. My grandma makes the best pie crust. But she won't tell us the recipe, she just laughs when we ask for it. My Mom says she bets it's a store bought crust. I hope not! My cousin was given the recipe so when the time comes that gram can't make it she can. Maybe she will hand it out. So to all my friends and family, if I like something you make please give me the recipe, the WHOLE recipe.

Tomorrow I am going to write about the Coco Lite Multigrain Pop Cakes from Wegmans. I have noticed that some of you have never heard of them. This is a product you will always find in my house and I have many ways to eat them.

Counting every bite today:

Breakfast -
Baked Oatmeal with fruit (4 points)

Baked Oatmeal with Fruit - adapted from Annie's Eats
4 servings at 4 points each

Ingredients:
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/4 cup lite maple syrup
1 cup skim milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 Tbls lite butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen) cut into bite size pieces, divided

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 2 quart baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir with a fork to combine. In a liquid measuring cup, combine maple syrup, milk, egg, butter and vanilla. Spread the sliced bananas in a single layer over the bottom of the baking dish. Top with half the berries. Sprinkle the dry oat mixture over the fruit in an even layer. Pour the liquid ingredients evenly over the oats. Sprinkle the remaining berries over the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top is browned and the oats have set. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.

Lunch -
- Mega Sandwich. 2 oz of turkey breast, banana peppers, and a bunch of spinach. (4 points)

Snack -
- 1 cookie (2 points)

Dinner -
- 1 oz Jamaican jerk seasoned pork (1 point)
- 1/2 cup black bean soup (3 points)
- 2 slices of bread (4 points)
- glass of milk (2 points)
total points for dinner - 10

Dessert -
- Popcorn with hot sauce (3 points)

Total points for the day is 23!

So what did you bite today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment