Monday, February 13, 2012

Lots of Gifts

Yesterday was my Birthday and I had an awesome day. My family is the best. Not only did I have a great time with everyone I love, I had a great day with points!

As you know I couldn't figure out what to serve everyone for dinner. I decided on soup and grilled cheese. Nice comfort food. Everyone laughed at first but then they all truly enjoyed it.

I got a lot of great gifts to use in the kitchen. An immersion blender, now I won't have to transfer my soup to the food possessor to blend it, I can just do it right in the pot! I already used it to make a marinara sauce. 200 sheets of pre cut parchment paper, they fit perfectly in my cookie sheets. Used this too to cook my mozzarella sticks on. A new blade for my mixer, it scrapes the sides of the bowl as it is mixing. Used it this morning to start making my Valentine's Day cakes. 100 cookie cutters, lots of fun for me and the kids. Cut the kids french toast yesterday morning into shapes. My son had fun flying his airplane french toast around. Little cake pans that leave an indent in the cake so I can fill them with something. I can't wait to use these!

Thanks again to everyone for the awesome Birthday. Here's to another great year!

Counting every bite yesterday -

Breakfast -
2 slices of French toast (4 points)

Lunch -
Left over stuffed cajun pepper (4 points)

Snack -
1 Mozzarella stick (1 point)
I highly recommend these!!!! Everyone at the party loved them! And they were super easy to make.

Dinner -
Grilled Cheese (4 points)
1 cup of chicken soup (2 points)

Dessert -
Better than Sex cake (5 points)

Better Than Sex Cake
24 servings at 5 points a serving

1 box of chocolate cake mix
10 oz diet coke
1 egg white
6 oz fat free caramel ice cream topping
7 oz fat free sweetened condensed milk
3 heath bars, crumbled up
1 container fat free cool whip

1 - Preheat over to 375
2 - Grease 9X13 pan
3 - mix cake mix, egg white and diet soda
4 - Bake for 35 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
5 - During the last few minutes of baking, put caramel and condensed milk in a sauce pan and stir on medium heat until smooth.
6 - Take cake out of oven, and poke holes all over the top.
7 - Pour caramel mixture over warm cake, filling in the holes.
8 - Sprinkle some of the heath bar crumbs over the top, but save some for the top.
9 - Cool completely.
10 - Cover with cool whip and sprinkle remaining heath bar crumbs over it.



Ending the day at 20 points! And that was on my Birthday with a party and cake and everything!!!!!!

What did you bite yesterday?

No comments:

Post a Comment