Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Super Bowl

How did everyone do at their super bowl parties? As I was grabbing my second bowl of dip I was thinking this day is bad, but hey you have to treat yourself once in awhile or you will go nuts! Then I woke up Monday and was thinking of what I ate and it wasn't so bad. I had 2 slices of homemade pizza, 2 serving of this barbecue kidney bean dip with nacho chips, a couple handfuls of white trash and two black bean brownies. That wasn't so bad! Considering I LOVE white trash I could have sat there with the bowl on my lap all night. But I didn't so yeah for me!

Counting every bite last night:

Breakfast -
- 1 cup Greek yogurt with 2 strawberries and a banana (2 points)

Lunch -
- 1 slice of pizza (6 points)

Snack -
- 3 black bean brownie (6 points - I cut mine into small pieces)

Dinner -
- turkey lettuce wraps (4 points)
- Milk (2 points)

Quick and Easy Turkey Lettuce Wraps
(I have a more detailed recipe but sometimes we cheat and do it this way)

1 lb ground chicken or turkey
1 can of water chestnuts, chopped
ginger root
garlic
hoisin sauce
iceberg lettuce leaves

Brown your ground meat, with minced ginger and minced garlic. Once browned add chopped water chestnuts and hoisin sauce. Once everything is warm scoop into lettuce leaves. I add shredded carrot and peppers to mine. You can really add anything you want. Sorry I don't have exact measurements we just add things to taste. Like I said I have a more detailed recipe and one day I will share it with you but last night I wanted something quick and easy.

Dessert -
Ice Cream Bar (3 points)

Ending the day at 23 points.

So what did you bite yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment